Friday, November 14, 2008

Talking about yourself is weird....

So I've given out reference letter forms to my three referees...hope to get them back in time. I've given them over a month to write them, which is pretty good timing I hear.

Started working on my personal statement- this is the weirdest thing I've ever had to do. Talking about myself to complete strangers, my dreams and aspirations and past experiences...yes, different from a blog because I'm talking myself up a little, trying to convince someone why I'm worth it. So I looked back at some past journal entries, essays and looked up some tips on how to write these essays. It's a step toward getting started right? I also realised my application is going to go nowhere sitting on my desk in the office I work in- so I've finally got ahold of them, looked through them and started filling them out, even though it's incredibly intimidating.

Apart from all of that, MQP is eating my life- there are so many mistakes to be made in labs, so no wonder Bio students take at least a year or more to complete their MQPs. Good thing I'll be taking off from here soon....

I definitely need to look for jobs though. I'm going to update my resume and look through JobFinder this weekend...let's jope I find something :)

No comments: