Thursday, November 20, 2008

Starting to Write...

SO last weekend, I decided I needed to get a start on writing my personal statement...take a guess where I went to start that...in Harvard. Probably the most random decision of my life- I went into Boston just for a change with no specific purpose in mind, and I wandered around Harvard Square with a cup of coffee hand, and then..well, I decided why not go into Harvard, find a quiet spot and get to work. Definitely got some good work done, and it was pretty relaxing. Writing about yourself can get tedious though, which it did....so I quite after a while.

Haven't really looked at it otherwise, but I have looked at the rest of my application yay! I'll be applying to the Cambridge Gates Scholarship. Cambridge apparently has the most funds to give away so if you ever want to apply there, make sure to apply to this program- it covers all their trusts and funds through one application and all you have to do that's extra is a personal statement and a couple of write-ups about your exracurricaulars and all that jazz. I'll be applying for a Masters, so I'll have some time to write these things up, because the deadlines are later than for a PhD. SO I guess that's what Thanksgiving break is for...and here I was thinking it would be about enjoying my tofurkey (yes I know it's wrong not to eat a turkey on Thanskgiving-I'm spending it at a vegetarian house, so please don't judge)....

No comments: